I decided to try this for a few reasons. First, I love these types of contests! Second, I've never entered one like this before. I've matched up fabrics at the fabric store on my own, but never have I sat down and played with patterns for so long to come up with 9 different patterns to put together.
I originally started with a main focus fabric for the center of the 9-patch mosaic, and tried to build from that. Then I found a few shades of the emerald green that I loved and decided to work from there, instead. I tried finding airy patterns for the other 5 blocks that would still keep a green motif, but I couldn't find just what I was looking for to help it all blend together. I slept on it, then came back and tried again. It's funny how from day to day, your tastes change. This time, big florals were catching my eye! I was struggling to find a set of patterns that matched again when I found the center piece that brought the other florals together. I have a Word file with a VERY long list of patterns and their URLs that I really enjoyed, but here is my final submission.
To me, this says SPRING!!!! I loved the greens, and with the polka dot fabric in the center, it helped lighten the floral patterns. I went with florals that had a white background, because I have fallen in love with white backgrounds on quilts. It makes them so bright!

1 comment:
aahhhh...green is my favorite color, I can never have enough green. Plus I love your sewing skills you inspire me.
Post a Comment